Monday, February 4, 2013

Flower girl headbands

So a friend of mine is getting married at the end of March and asked me to make some headbands for her flower girls. These came together quite quickly and I am very happy with how they turned out. I went to Micheals craft store and purchased some lace to layer the flower for some dimension. Taking some embroidery floss I "sewed" one end of the ribbon together. I pulled it as tight as I wanted and then formed the flower. Doing this with each layer of lace I then stacked the flowers and glued them onto one another.I hot glued a pearl into the center of the completed flower for the finishing touch. I then went to Claire's and bought a couple lace headbands and glued the flowers to the headbands.
Very simple and yet very pretty. My friend was so pleased with them and I'm just happy I could help make her wedding special for her!



No comments:

Post a Comment