Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mother's Day Card

I've had some "dusty attic" chipboard wagon wheels for a while now and I really wanted to use them. They are so cute but I wasn't sure just what to do with them. Well, I found a way to use them!! For my mother's day cards. Both my mom and my mother in law are farm ladies so this works especially well. 
Here is a picture of the card I made:

 I just love how this turned out! I think they will very much enjoy them as well. Now, the inside of the card is pretty fun too! My mom and dad live 13 hours from us, so we don't get to see them very often. So I wanted the card to be special from the girls. So I tried really hard with a 2 month old and a 18 month old to stamp their hand prints. I think for the challenge it was it turned out pretty well! And I think Gramma will love it!

The layout for this card was inspired by the Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge! As soon as I saw the sketch I knew I was going to use those wagon wheels! Here is a picture of the sketch:
Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!!!


2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card! I bet gramma will treasure this. :)
    Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Card! I love that the Dream Pop "wood grain" cardstock fit so well with your theme. The Grandma's are going to cherish these cards!

    ReplyDelete