Thursday, May 16, 2013

You brighten my day!

Another week, another challenge! This weeks Atlantic Hearts sketch looks like this:

I kept looking and looking at this and thinking what I could do with it. I could just make 4 simple squares but I wanted to do something a bit more and then it came to me!! (at 3am, while I was awake feeding Bethany!) A window frame!! I had to refrain myself from getting up and getting a piece of paper and a pencil to sketch my idea out, because with mommy brain, you never know if it will be there in the next 10 min or not! But I went back to bed and the next day during nap time ( yes both girls napped at the same time! A rare thing in this house!) I came up with this:


As you can tell, I'm obsessed with the Dream Pop paper! That's all I've been working with since I got it a couple weeks ago! The base page is one of the patterns from the paper pack, the flowers were cut from the cricut artiste cartridge in a variety of sizes. And because I also LOVE vinyl, I added a couple of vinyl flowers I had on hand as well. A friend makes vinyl for scrapbooking and pretty much anything else you want to put vinyl on. Check out her blog, Cut your Way
I wanted the layout to look like the sun shining in on some flowers in the window. It kind of looks like that right? And of course I had to add some washi tape, because what layout is complete without washi tape? 
I'm also linking this page to the CTMH Heart 2 Heart challenge blog for the May flowers challenge. This is my first time submitting to that challenge, so I'm excited!

I hope you enjoy! 



5 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Teresa!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, so happy you decided to make it. It is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you made it into a window frame! It is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What an awesome layout, Teresa! Just look at all those gorgeous flowers! And the window was such a clever idea! Thank you so much for playing along with H2H this week! I hope we'll see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this!! Don't you love those light-bulb moments? I love how you added the wooden shapes to the window, too. Did you hand draw your title? I love it too. Thanks for joining us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete